Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) are products that have a short shelf life and are moving quickly. Due to strong consumer demand, these products, sometimes referred to as consumer-packaged goods (CPG), have a short lifespan and a high rate of turnover.
In other words, FMCG products have short business cycles, which enables brands to continually fine-tune their R&D and manufacture new products in response to strong demand at both traditional and online places of sale.
Food, drinks, cosmetics, cleaning supplies, personal hygiene items, over-the-counter medications, office supplies, and other consumables are all part of the FMCG supply chain. Products that are heavily seasonal and marketed or sold at a particular time of year fall under this category as well.
Challenges in the FMCG Supply Chain
The FMCG supply chain have become more complex as a result of the emergence of omnichannel in the sector. The high turnover rate of FMCG products, requires the FMCG supply chain to adopt agile logistics process to optimize the user experience while handling higher sales volume and manage orders across an omnichannel supply chain.
Symphony FMCG WMS will help FMCG distributors keep stocks in the supply chain flowing to replenish shelves, drive consumer campaigns and achieve sales targets to win the competition.
Due to the high competition and low margin nature of the sector, all of this must be accomplished without raising the supply chain cost of the FMCG product. FMCG WMS serves as the central nervous system for the whole supply chain to provide a complete product traceability. This is so crucial for the FMCG supply chain, to stock up shelves, drive campaigns to achieve sales targets.
How FMCG WMS can help
- Increase picking accuracy, implement strategize like FEFO, FIFO, and reduce wastage in the FMCG Warehouse
- Consumer assurance and compliance to contractual obligations to the supermarkets, delivering high food and safety regulatory standards required for the FMCG supply chain
- Optimize FMCG warehouse productivity and efficiency challenges such as expiry date validation, shelf-life optimization
- Achieve significant savings and quality standards across the FMCG supply chain by tracking the expiry dates of all shipment orders and ensuring all allocated inventory has expiry dates later than all previous shipments
- Provide critical value-added services (VAS) in the FMC warehouse for promotions and campaigns to manage inventory status conversion, WIP, and inventory tracking
- Greater inventory data visibility, governance, productivity, and efficiency across countries and regions for FMCG supply chain
The FMCG supply chain face emerging consumer trends such as eCommerce, omnichannel, and cut-throat price competition. Symphony FMCG WMS solution provides FMCG distributors a regulatory compliant, rules-based warehouse automation that serves as the central nervous system for the whole supply chain to provide a complete product traceability and control.
These are just some of the challenges faced by the FMCG supply chain when serving brands in the market. Symphony FMCG WMS solution provides FMCG distributors a consumer and sales-focused warehouse solution to handle FMCG and CPG products of all categories.
FMCG warehouses will have control over the handling of fast-moving consumer goods, adhering to the highest safety standards and product traceability and control with Symphony FMCG WMS.