IT Support Engineer
You will work remotely from Jakarta and responsible for supporting end-user application software such as installing, configure computer system including OS and databases. The incumbent will work closely with in-house development team for issue resolutions, monitoring, maintain and diagnose hardware/software faults.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- A proactive, team player with the ability to work in dynamic environments.
- Work independently, takes ownership of problems within own area of knowledge and accountable for the quality of own work.
- Highly motivated in problem solving; strong investigative skills.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to learn new technologies as required.
- Some travel may be required
- Good spoken and written English
- Self-confidence and commitment.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as necessary.
- Knowledge of installation, configuration, and management of Apache, Apache Tomcat.
- Experience with Linux operating system, networking protocols.
- Knowledge in Unix, Cloud Computing or Oracle database is advantage.
IT Support Engineer is expected to:
- Provide first level support to end-users for application software.
- Install and configure computer system including OS and databases.
- Monitor and maintain computer system.
- Diagnose hardware/software faults.
- Work with in-house development team for application bug fixes or enhancement.
- Involved in supporting infrastructure architecture, resource planning, system performance, and overall infrastructure operating environment for either on-premise infrastructure or one or more cloud computing platforms, or both.
- Lead or support in the development of application infrastructure reference architecture, system integration, and infrastructure performance management practices.
- Point-of-Contact of Infrastructure team for operational support for systems-related matters.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including OS, Databases, Application Services, and network configuration.
- Manage both on-premise and Cloud Infrastructure services to support application systems environments by working closely with the application team.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams or external vendors.
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals.
- Perform regular system health-check and prepare health-check reports.
- Record system incident events including causes and resolutions, and prepare incident reports.
- Understands systems operations environment and drive Architecture Review and Governance Process to ensure smooth and sustainable operations (including resiliency requirements).